Operation Conference Ruling of April 5, 2010
This support system aims, through financial support for full-time academic staff appointed from outside the Faculty, to maintain and enrich the research system of the Faculty in order to improve research standards in the Hokkaido University Faculty of Engineering
2. Eligible Persons
- 1) Persons who are eligible for start-up support shall be those appointed as full-time professors, associate professors, lecturers and assistant professors in the Faculty from universities, research institutions or private sectors. However, those appointed from among the full-time academic staff at the Hokkaido University shall be excluded.
- 2) The decision to award start-up support shall be made by the operation conference, considering the budget of each academic year.
3. Amount of Support
- 1) The amount of start-up support shall be in principle as follows.
• Professors: 500,000 yen
• Associate professors, lecturers and assistant professors: 300,000 yen
- 2) Start-up support may be available only once per person.
Expenses for start-up support shall be allocated from operational grants.
- These guidelines will come into effect from April 5, 2010 and apply from April 1, 2010.
- Guidelines for Start-up Support for Newly Appointed Academic Staff at the Hokkaido University Faculty and Graduate School of Engineering (Operational Conference Ruling of June 27, 2005) will be abolished.
These guidelines will come into effect from April 1, 2011.
These guidelines will come into effect from April 1, 2012.