Board of Representatives Ruling of April 9, 2010
This overseas travel aid system shall be established with the aim of supporting participation in international conferences held overseas so that the young researchers at the Faculty can make presentations on their academic achievements.
2. Eligibility Criteria and Number of Financial Aid Cases
- 1) Eligible persons shall be academic staff (including special academic staff), postdoctoral fellows, research fellows and researchers (excluding graduate students).
- 2) Financial aid cases shall be limited to those where young researchers attend international conferences held overseas and make presentation on their academic achievements or give lectures.
- 3) The researcher’s age at the end of the relevant academic year shall be in principle not more than 40 years.
- 4) The number of eligible persons shall be up to 10 people within an academic year.
3. Period of Overseas Travel
The period of overseas travel shall be in principle within 10 days, including the days spent travelling to and from the destination.
4. The Amount of Subsidy
The amount of subsidy shall be capped at 400,000 yen/case.
5. The Coverage of Aid
The aid shall cover the travel expenses required to attend conferences and those expenses shall be paid based on Regulations concerning Travel Expenses of the National University Corporation Hokkaido University. However, a preparation allowance shall not be paid.
6. Application Period
There will be two application periods, the first half of the academic year and the second half of the academic year.
An application form (form 1) and personal record (form 2) shall be submitted to the Director of the Faculty.
- 1) Screening shall be conducted in the Research Planning Office, and decisions shall be made at the operation conference.
- 2) Results of screening shall be notified to the applicant in writing, and also be reported at the Board of Representatives.
Persons given overseas travel aid shall submit reports (form 3) to the Director of the Faculty within a month after the completion of overseas travel.
Expenses pertaining to overseas travel aid shall be allocated from the priority allocation expenses of the Faculty of Engineering.
11. General Affairs
General affairs pertaining to overseas travel aid shall be managed by the General Affairs Division.
- These guidelines will come into effect from April 9, 2010 and apply from April 1, 2010.
- In the case of the application of these guidelines, persons who have been granted overseas travel aid in academic year 2010 pursuant to the Guidelines for Overseas Travel Aid for Young Researchers at the Hokkaido University Faculty and Graduate School of Engineering (Board of Representatives Ruling of January 11, 2008) are deemed to have been granted aid pursuant to these guidelines.
- Guidelines for Overseas Travel Aid for Young Researchers at the Hokkaido University Faculty and Graduate School of Engineering (Board of Representatives Ruling of January 11, 2008) will be abolished.
These guidelines will come into effect from April 1, 2011.