Board of Representatives Ruling of April 9, 2010
This overseas research aid system shall be established with the aim of supporting overseas research for the advancement of academic research so that the full-time young academic staff at the Faculty can devote themselves to research for a fixed period of time at the research institutions of excellent overseas universities.
2. Eligibility Criteria
The researcher’s age at the end of overseas research shall be in principle not more than 40 years.
3. Period of Overseas Research
The period of overseas research shall be in principle for 10 months.
4. Financial Aid
Travel and living expenses (including daily allowance and accommodation allowance) shall be subsidized. Subsidies shall be capped at 3 million yen/case.
5. Number of Financial Aid Cases
The number of financial aid cases shall be up to 2 in each academic year. Overseas research shall begin within the relevant academic year.
An application form (form 1) shall be submitted to the Director of the Faculty.
7. Screening Process and Notification of Results
- 1) Screening shall be conducted in the Research Planning Office, and decisions shall be made at the operation conference.
- 2) Results of screening shall be notified to the applicant in writing, and also be reported at the Board of Representatives.
8. Submission of Reports and Presentation of Achievements
Persons given aid shall submit reports (form 2) to the Director of the Faculty within a month after the completion of overseas travel. In addition, a presentation concerning achievements during the overseas research shall be made in the Research Planning Office and other relevant departments.
Expenses pertaining to overseas research aid shall be allocated from the priority allocation expenses of the Faculty of Engineering.
10. General Affairs
General affairs pertaining to overseas research aid shall be managed by the General Affairs Division.
- These guidelines will come into effect from April 9, 2010 and apply from April 1, 2010.
- In the case of the application of these guidelines, persons who have been granted overseas research aid in academic year 2010 pursuant to the Guidelines for Overseas Research Aid for Young Academic Staff at the Hokkaido University Faculty and Graduate School of Engineering (Board of Representatives Ruling of January 11, 2008) are deemed to have been granted overseas research aid pursuant to these guidelines.
- Guidelines for Overseas Research Aid for Young Academic Staff at the Hokkaido University Faculty and Graduate School of Engineering (Board of Representatives Ruling of January 11, 2008) will be abolished.
These guidelines will come into effect from April 1, 2011.