Operation Conference Ruling of July 4, 2005
Long-term overseas trips by academic staff in the Faculty of Engineering and the Graduate School of Engineering shall be handled as follows.
1. Long-term overseas trips
The term “long-term overseas trips” shall mean that the period from leaving to returning home is not less than two months.
2. Handling within departments and divisions
With regard to long-term overseas trips by academic staff, divisions and departments shall deliberate on measures for covering their duties during the period of their absence.
3. When it is regarded, after deliberation, that there are no problems with the proposed long-term overseas trips, the managing director and the head of the division shall notify the Dean of the Faculty and the Dean of Graduate School about the matter.
In addition, measures for covering their duties within departments and divisions during their absence shall be stipulated.
4. Reporting to the board of representatives
Long-term overseas trips shall be reported to the individual board of representatives through the operation conferences of the Faculty of Engineering and the Graduate School of Engineering.
5. Application for overseas trips
Application for overseas trips shall be made, in principle, after procedure No. 3 mentioned above.
- 1) With regard to visa acquisition, procedures No. 2 and 3 mentioned above shall be required.
- 2) With regard to academic staff in charge of the Graduate School Chemical Sciences and Engineering, handling of overseas trips should take into account measures prescribed by the Graduate School.
This handling will come into effect from July 4, 2005.
This handling will come into effect from April 5, 2010 and apply from April 1, 2010.