Board of Representatives Ruling of April 9, 2010
To promote further research activities by those with excellent research ability who have acquired doctoral degrees, necessary matters regarding the recruitment of research fellows who will be hired for a certain period through the priority allocation expenses of the Faculty of Engineering shall be prescribed.
- (1) Persons less than 35 years of age as of April 1 in the relevant academic year.
- (2) Persons who have acquired a doctoral degree in the Graduate School of Engineering or the Faculty and Graduate School of Engineering or who are expected to acquire a doctoral degree by the expected date of hiring.
- (3) However, those who are hired as JSPS fellows (independent administrative agency or who have been supported by other fellowships shall be excluded.
3. The Number of Employees
Every academic year, a small number of people
4. Employment Period
The employment period shall be up to one year from the date of employment.
Part-time employee (working hours: 7 hours/day, 35 hours/week)
6. Working Conditions
- (1) Salary: approximately 11,500 yen/day (depending on the job and experience)
- (2) Allowances: commuting allowance only, no other allowances
- (3) Social insurance: health insurance, pension insurance and employment insurance
- (4) Severance allowance: not paid
Application form (form 1) shall be submitted to the Dean of the Faculty.
8. Screening Process and Notification of Results
- (1) Screening shall be conducted in the Research Planning Office, and decisions shall be made at the operation conference.
- (2) Results of screening shall be notified to the Managing Director in writing, and also be reported at the Board of Representatives.
Expenses pertaining to this matter will be allocated from the priority allocation expenses of the Faculty of Engineering.
10. General Affairs
General affairs pertaining to this matter will be managed by the General Affairs Division.
- These guidelines will come into effect from April 9, 2010 and apply from April 1, 2010.
- In the case of the application of these guidelines, persons who have been offered employment in 2010 pursuant to the Application Guidelines for Research Fellows of Hokkaido University Faculty and Graduate School of Engineering (Board of Representatives Ruling of March 4, 2008) are deemed to have been offered employment pursuant to these guidelines.
- Application Guidelines for Research Fellows of Hokkaido University Faculty and Graduate School of Engineering (Board of Representatives Ruling of March 4, 2008) will be abolished.