Call for Application 2015
YAMAGUCHI MEDALS IN BIOMECHANICS
for early career researchers
The Medal is named after Professor Takami Yamaguchi who is the Founding Chair of the Asian-Pacific Association for Biomechanics. The purpose of the Yamaguchi Medal is to support and encourage promising young researchers at the early stage of their career in the field of Biomechanics.
The Yamaguchi Medals will be awarded to individuals who excel in their research. Five Yamaguchi Medals will be awarded during the biennial Asian-Pacific Conference of Biomechanics, one for each of the following categories:
- Cardiovascular BioFluid Mechanics
- Bone and Joint Biomechanics
- Soft Tissue Mechanics
- Gait and Kinesiology
- Cellular and Molecular Biomechanics
Eligibility and Submission
Applicants should have a PhD awarded not more than 6 years prior to the submission deadline for the application. Applicants should currently be affiliated to an academic or research institution in the Asian-Pacific region for the last 3 years. For more details on eligibility, please refer to the APAB’s Yamaguchi Medal Charter.
Applications (in pdf) must include:
- the CV of the applicant
- a list of publications
- a short personal statement (1000 words max.) outlining the scientific achievements and future interests of the applicant (please indicate the category of Yamaguchi Medal that you wish to be considered at the top right corner of the front page)
- an abstract to the 8th Asian-Pacific Conference of Biomechanics, 16 to 19 September 2015, Sapporo, Japan (http://labs.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/labo/apbiomech2015/)
The Medal recipients shall be introduced during the Opening Ceremony of the 8th Asian-Pacific Conference of Biomechanics and shall be obliged to present a talk at the conference.
Applications are to be submitted to:
Prof James Goh,
Chair, APAB Yamaguchi Medal Awards Committee
Email address: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION:
May 1, 2015
The submission deadline is extended to May 15, 2015.
Charter for Yamaguchi Medal
Please download a pdf of Charter for Yamaguchi Medal below.
APAB Yamaguchi Medal Charter.pdf